This delightful Mango Margarita cocktail combines the sweetness of fresh mangoes with the zesty kick of lime juice and tequila. Featuring its handcrafted tequila, the margarita celebrates Patrón’s global partnership with racing driver Sergio ‘Checo’ Pérez – a unique collaboration between two Mexican icons. Whether enjoyed with friends or as a personal indulgence, this recipe adds a touch of champion spirit to any occasion. Cheers to the taste of success!
Recreate Pérez’s Mango Margarita recipe at home
5 x 2.5cm cubes of mango, plus a spear for garnish
60ml Patrón Silver Tequila
22.5ml fresh lime juice
22.5ml 1:1 agave syrup*
Pinch Himalayan pink salt (or kosher salt – no iodised table salt)
Mint sprig and mango slice for garnish
- Slice one half of a mango and remove the skin.
- Add the mango cubes, tequila, lime juice, agave syrup and salt to a shaker, and muddle together to crush the fruit.
- Add the ice and close the shaker. Shake hard for 5-7 seconds.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Using the micro-tea strainer to catch the fruit pieces, and a hawthorn strainer (to hold the ice back), strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Take the mint sprig and gently tap against your wrist to release the oils. Add the mint sprig, stem side down, into the glass.
- Slice a lengthwise piece of the mango, like a spear, and add to the same place as the mint. Serve.
To make 1:1 Agave Syrup, add 300ml boiling water and 300ml organic agave syrup to a food-safe container and stir until dissolved. Once cool, add to a bottle, and close the cap. Add a date and name label, store in the fridge until use (you can use this right away). The syrup will yield 500ml and keep for 7-10 days refrigerated