Looking for your next hearty soup? This Slow-Cooked Lamb Neck, Tomato and Bortolli Bean Soup Recipe is the perfect winter warmer.
Slow-Cooked Lamb Neck, Tomato and Bortolli Bean Soup Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra to drizzle
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1kg lamb neck, boned, cut into large pieces
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 rosemary stalks
- 200g fresh borlotti beans
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cup verjuice
- parmesan, shaved, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add shallots, carrot and celery and cook for 7 minutes or until softened.
2. Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add 2 litres of water, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours.
4. Add borlotti beans, tomatoes, sugar and verjuice and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the beans are tender. Season to taste.
5. Serve soup with extra oil and shaved parmesan.