Take seafood pasta to the next level with this delicious Crumbed Tuna Linguine with Tomatoes & Capers Recipe. Soft and flavoursome tomatoes are the perfect accompaniment to tender crumbed tuna.
Crumbed Tuna Linguine with Tomatoes & Capers Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped sage
- 4 x 200g tuna loin fillets
- 400g linguine
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to fry
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
How to make our Crumbed Tuna Linguine with Tomatoes & Capers Recipe
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, then use a fork or whisk to lightly beat. Place the flour in a separate bowl. Place the breadcrumbs and sage in a third bowl, and lightly mix to combine. Dust the tuna fillets in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the tuna in the egg and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Set aside for later.
2. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Refresh the pasta under cold water then set aside.
3. Heat 2cm of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the tuna and cook for 1 minute each side (the tuna will still be raw in the middle). Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lemon rind, cherry tomatoes, capers and butter to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the parsley, then season well with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the pasta between plates. Slice the tuna and add to the plate. Serve topped with the tomato sauce.
We used sashimi-grade tuna in this recipe as we served it rare. If you want to cook your tuna all the way through, continue to cook for 1 minute more on each side, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.