Need to add some veggies to your next BBQ or looking to go meat-free? This delicious Mexican Chargrilled Corn with Tomato Bean & Tortilla Salad is bursting with vibrant colours and flavours.
Mexican Chargrilled Corn with Tomato Bean & Tortilla Salad Recipe: Ingredients
- 8-10 large corn on the cob, leaves and silk removed
- Olive oil spray
- 6 mini corn tortillas
- 1-2 tsp smoky paprika (plus extra to garnish)
- 400g black beans, drained, rinsed
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bunches coriander, leaves picked (plus extra to garnish)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 limes, segmented
Chipotle Dressing Recipe
- 1 tbsp chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 green chilli, deseeded, chopped
1. Heat a large chargrill pan over medium heat. Lightly spray the corn with oil spray and cook for 15 minutes, tossing, until charred slightly. Remove from the heat.
2. Spray tortillas with oil, then sprinkle with paprika and season with salt and pepper. Cook on the chargrill pan for 1-2 minutes on each side. Break into chunks. Place beans, cherry tomatoes and coriander into a large bowl, toss well to combine. Arrange the corn, bean salad, tortilla chips and avocado on a plate. Top salad with lime segments to serve.
3. To make chipotle dressing, combine the chipotles, lime juice, mayonnaise and chilli, season with salt and pepper. If too thick, add warm water until you reach your desired consistency. Drizzle dressing over the salad, then top with extra paprika and coriander.