Charred Cauliflower Salad with Preserved Lemon Dressing Recipe. This versatile vegetarian dish is packed full of flavour and nourishing ingredients.
Charred Cauliflower Salad with Preserved Lemon Dressing Recipe: Ingredients
- 1kg head cauliflower
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500g haloumi, cut into 2cm slices
- ¼ cup currants
- ½ cup caper berries, or ¼ cup capers
- 1 apple, sliced thinly
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup natural almonds, toasted and chopped
Preserved Lemon Dressing Recipe
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
1. To make Preserved Lemon Dressing, whisk ingredients in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a barbecue plate or chargrill to a medium heat. Slice cauliflower into 2cm slices. Gently combine cauliflower, fennel seeds, chilli and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook cauliflower for 7 minutes, turning regularly, or until lightly charred. Transfer to a serving bowl.
3. Brush haloumi with remaining oil. Cook on hotplate for 2 to 3 minutes each side, until golden. Cover lightly with foil.
4. Add currants, capers, apple, spinach and almonds to cauliflower. Serve with haloumi. Spoon over dressing.