Wanderlust unfulfilled? Seek olfactory escape with the newest fragrance releases that transport you to another time and place. Radiant solar notes recreate the sunshine in scent form, sea spray misting on the shore is bottled like magic, and delectable gourmand vanilla and sweet honey notes offer an instant mood transformation.Â
Here’s our selection of the best new perfumes to pick up that will brighten your day and provide the sort of escape we’re all craving right now.
- Diptyque Ilio 100ml EDT, $225 Â A Mediterranean-inspired green, fruity scent that conjures a sense of being bathed in light, wandering the shoreline with many elements mingling on the breeze. Initial fresh, juicy notes of prickly pear, then bergamot and jasmine, brighten the scent while iris rounds it out with a velvety softness.
- Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Nettare Di Sole 125ml EDT, $189 The seasonal entry in Guelain’s lightweight Aqua Allegoria eau de toilette collection this is another fresh, sun-kissed scent centered around the fragrant green bergamot citrus as well as orange blossom but with a warm base of honey, it sings of summer getaways.
- YSL Libre Eau De Toilette 50ml EDT, $180 Your after-sunset scent, this is slightly lighter and fresher take on the original Libre with an opening of lavender and orange blossom and hints of vanilla with a chic, slightly powdery finish.
4. Tom Ford Soleil BruÌ‚lant 50ml EDP, $551. Look at the bottle and you almost know what you’ll get. A bright and brilliant mix with opening notes similar to previously mentioned scents, ie bergamot and honey, but with a distinct warm, slightly smoky amber base.
5. Amouage Ashore 100ml EDP, $499 Intended to conjure a white-sand beach in the Middle East when the sun is at is highest and the sea spray is misting back on your face. That means elements of jasmine and rose mingle with pink pepper, turmeric and salty elements.
6. Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Eau NÃ©roli AmbrÃ©e 50ml EDT, $143 Heady, tropical frangipani meets orange blossom and neroli, but woods and amber along with Narciso’s classic musky base bring it back down to a more elegant, sexy finish.Â
7. Thierry Mugler Alien Goddess 50ml EDP, $184 A sweet coconut and vanilla personality but with plenty of sunny ‘beach holiday’ jasmine notes.
8. Jimmy Choo I Want Choo 50ml EDP, $139 Sweet, juicy peach, but make it classy. That’s the vibe here with additional notes of – what else – jasmine and vanilla, Not a complex scent but an easy summer wear that has wide appeal – and a stunning bottle.
9. Maison Christian Dior Eden-Roc 250ml EDP, $560 Diorâ€™s ode to one of the most famous luxury hotels along the French Riviera: the HÃ´tel du Cap-Eden-Roc. A woody floral with sea salt, citrus and mineral notes.
10. Byredo Open Sky 100ml EDP, $376 Open Sky is intended as a tribute to the â€˜romance and seduction of travelâ€™ (remember that?!) with aromatic pomelo mingling with hemp leaves, pepper and vetiver.Â Think unusual and unexpected – quite divisive.
11. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Intense 50ml EDP, $129 A ‘yummy’ spritz that opens with bursts of strawberry and pear but settles into a deeper heart of honey and rose and vanilla elements can be smelt on skin hours later.
12. Ellis Brooklyn Bee 50ml EDP, $178 Dripping with honey, warmed with dark rum, and loaded with the addictive notes of vanilla bean, sandalwood and cocoa absolute, it’s warm and soft and delicious, a must-try if you are a fan of the golden stuff.Â