Serves: 4 as an entrée or 2 as a main
500grams kingfish or similar
1 red chilli
1 handful coriander tips
100grams crab meat or diced prawns (optional)
100msl coconut cream
Flaky sea salt
1. Firstly, dice up kingfish and cucumber to about 1cm cube size and season with lemon juice and salt and leave in fridge for at least an hour, the longer the better.
2. Deseed and dice chilli into fine dice. Zest orange and segment. Slice the coriander tips.
3. Take out kingfish and cucumber from fridge, the acid from the lemon will have cooked the kingfish slightly.
4. Mix the cucumber, chilli and coriander, add the coconut cream and orange zest. mix and season to required taste.
5. You can add the crab meat and / or prawns at this point as well.
6. Mix in a big bowl and plate up, garnish with orange segments and coriander tips
Recipe by Lesley Chandra, Owner and Executive Chef at Sidart