1. The best way to keep coffee is in an opaque, airtight container in a dark, cool and dry place – like a pantry. Try and keep it away from moisture – especially wet spoons!
2. Don’t refrigerate or freeze your coffee beans because it will affect the coffee’s oils and absorb flavours from other foods
3. Always use fresh coffee. It’s better to buy coffee as you need it rather than buy a lot in bulk as the fresher the coffee is, the better it will taste
4. Only put the amount of beans you plan to use into the top of the grinder and don’t grind them until just before you’re about to extract the coffee. It’s best to use your new coffee grinds within 10 mins of grinding them
5. Plunger coffee should brew for 3 – 4 minutes – leaving it longer will only make it bitter. If you prefer it strong, try adding an extra tablespoon of coffee instead