Whole Eye Fillet with Salsa Verde & Potato Cake. Whole Eye Fillet with Salsa Verde and Potato Cake recipe, brought to you by MiNDFOOD. Learn how to make this dish yourself!
Whole Eye Fillet with Salsa Verde & Potato Cake
2 slices bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped
½ cup olive oil
3 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
1½ cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
¼ cup dill sprigs, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
850g beef whole eye fillet
salt and pepper, to season
2 tsp olive oil (extra)
8 fresh jerusalem artichokes, peeled
8 spring onions, trimmed
600g desiree or king edward potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- To make salsa verde, combine bread and oil in a bowl. Stand for 10 minutes. Put bread mixture in a food processor with anchovy, garlic, salt, parsley, dill and lemon juice. Pulse until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat oil (extra) in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot add beef and cook for 5–8 minutes or until all sides are well browned.
- Transfer beef to a roasting pan. Add artichoke and spring onion. Put pan in oven and cook for 30–35 minutes (rare) or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, to make potato cake, heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When sizzling, remove from heat and cover base of frying pan with a layer of potato, overlapping slightly. Top with remaining potato, forming a second layer. Return frying pan to heat.
- Sprinkle cheese over potato. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until potato is tender and cheese has melted. Turn potato cake out onto a large plate and cut into wedges.
- Remove roasting pan containing beef and vegetables from oven and cover with foil for 10 minutes. Transfer beef to a chopping board and thinly slice.
- Serve beef, artichoke and spring onion with salsa verde and potato cake.