Venison Tri-Tip Sharing Platter Recipe
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Venison Tri-Tip Grill Steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp horopito seasoning
- 1⁄2 radicchio
- 100g blue cheese
- 2 firm pears, sliced
- 100g walnuts
- 125g blackberries
- Thyme and rosemary sprigs
- Crusty bread, to serve
Roasted Baby Beets
- 400g baby beetroot
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
How to make this Venison Tri-Tip Sharing Platter Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake. Place baby beetroot, garlic and thyme in the centre of a large piece of aluminium foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp water. Fold up the sides of the foil and seal to form a pouch. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the beetroot are tender. Set aside to cool, then cut in half.
2. To make the horseradish cream, combine the sour cream and grated horseradish. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, remove the Silver Fern Farms Venison Tri-Tip Grill Steaks from the fridge and leave to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Drizzle with the olive oil then sprinkle over the horopito seasoning.
4. Heat a barbecue hot plate or chargrill plate to medium high. Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, until cooked to medium rare. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Arrange the steak slices on a platter with the baby beets, radicchio, blue cheese, sliced pears, blackberries and walnuts. Garnish with rosemary and thyme sprigs.
6. Serve with the horseradish cream and crusty bread.