1 Pack Silver Fern Farms Venison Medallions
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 tsp brown sugar
1 pizza base (either store bought or home-made)
2 tbsp tomato paste
2.2oz blue cheese, crumbled
Fresh thyme, to serve
How to make Silver Fern Farms Venison Pizzas
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or follow instructions if using store bought pizza base).
- Heat a frying pan and lightly toast walnuts, then chop into pieces for sprinkling on top of the pizza. Using the same frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and slowly sauté onion until soft, add brown sugar and continue to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes to continue caramelization. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the Silver Fern Farms Venison Medallions for 1-2 minutes on either side, don’t over cook it as it will continue to cook in the oven. Cut into slices across the grain of the meat.
- Top the pizza base with tomato paste, caramelised onions, slices of Silver Fern Farms Venison Medallions, blue cheese and walnuts.
- Place in the hot oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese has melted and the base has crisped up. Serve with fresh thyme and a side salad.