Looking for the perfect spring salad? Our Vegan Green Goddess Quinoa Salad Recipe celebrates all things green.
Vegan Green Goddess Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 2 baby cos lettuces, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to brush, plus extra to serve
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and blanched
- 1 cup cooked black quinoa
- 1 bunch radishes
- Micro lemon balm, to serve
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 small avocado, pitted
- 150g silken tofu, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
How to make our Vegan Green Goddess Quinoa Salad Recipe
1. To make the green goddess dressing, place the avocado, tofu, mint, capers, apple cider vinegar, garlic, oil and 2 tablespoons of water in a small food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush the cut side of the lettuce with a little olive oil and chargrill for 2 minutes, or until lightly charred. Place on a platter and set aside. Brush the asparagus with oil and, working in two batches, chargrill for 3 minutes.
3. Divide the green goddess dressing between four plates, then top with the cos lettuce, asparagus and radishes. Scatter with the cooked black quinoa and serve drizzled with extra oil and topped with micro lemon balm.
The dressing will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.