This simple Sweet Potato Baba Ghanoush Recipe is the perfect vegan side for your next sharing platter.
Sweet Potato Baba Ghanoush Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400g eggplant, halved
- 300g sweet potato
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 70g tahini
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Parsley, to serve
- Black olives, to serve
- Flatbread, to serve
How to make this Sweet Potato Baba Ghanoush Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Peel the garlic and cut 2 cloves into thin slices. Using a sharp knife, score the cut sides of the eggplant halves and insert the garlic slices into the incisions. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into 1cm-thick slices.
2. Place the eggplant and sweet potato onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, and drizzle with the olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the vegetables inside for another 15 minutes.
3. Remove the vegetables from the oven. Spoon the eggplant flesh and garlic from the peel, place in a bowl with the sweet potatoes, tahini, lemon juice, remaining garlic and cumin. Using a stick blender, purée to a fine paste. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the baba ghanoush on a plate. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil, and garnish with sesame seeds, parsley and black olives. Serve with flatbread.