Give loved ones the gift of a homemade treat this Christmas! Our Summer Raspberry & Rosemary Wine Jellies Recipe are the perfect edible present for the festive season.
Summer Raspberry & Rosemary Wine Jellies Recipe
Makes 4 x 1-cup jars or 8 x 1⁄2-cup jars
- 2 cups dessert wine
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tbsp powdered pectin
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 rosemary sprigs, halved, plus extra to decorate
How to make our Summer Raspberry & Rosemary Wine Jellies Recipe:
1. Place the wine, apple juice, lemon juice and raspberries in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Sprinkle over the pectin, then whisk until it has dissolved.
2. Place the saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Add the sugar, and stir until dissolved. Bring back to a rapid boil and then cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. (The mixture will start to foam and rise in the saucepan.)
3. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Strain the jelly mixture through a fine-meshed sieve and discard the raspberries. Skim the foam from the surface, discard.
4. Pour the mix into sterilised jars, and press a rosemary sprig into each. Refrigerate until cold. Secure with a lid and wrap with extra rosemary to gift.
5. Serve the jelly on toast, or with cream and fresh berries.