Slow cooked so you can enjoy the most tender, aromatic and mouth-watering flavours and textures of this Sri Lankan Street Food’s ‘Goat on the bone curry’.
Sri Lankan Street Food’s ‘Goat on the bone curry’
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
1kg goat meat (on bone – leg preferred)
1 medium onion sliced
1 tomato sliced
2-3 curry leaves
1tsp ginger and garlic paste (store-bought)
1tbsp curry powder
1tsp chili powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
0.5tbsp of salt
0.5tsp cumin seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
How to make this Sri Lankan Street Food’s ‘Goat on the bone curry’ Recipe
1. Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves, sliced onion, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a
2. Add curry power, chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add water and bring to boil.
5. Add goat meat and cook in low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Combine and blend the spice mix.
7. When the goat meat is soft, add the blended spice mix.
8. Once brought to boil, turn off the heat.
• Garnish with curry leaves and serve with plain basmati rice or suduru samba yellow rice.