- 100g unsalted butter, very soft
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ quantity no-knead pizza dough – recipe here
- ¼ cup (30g) finely grated smoked cheddar
- 12 sage leaves
Smoked Cheddar & Garlic Bread Knots Method
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (220°C fan forced). To make the garlic butter, place the softened butter, chopped parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and mix to combine. Set aside. Place a large baking tray in the oven and heat for 10 minutes.
- Press the dough into a large flat round. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and roll to incorporate. Gently knead the dough into a ball. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 25cm-long rope. Tie each rope into knots. Carefully remove the hot tray from the oven. Lightly grease the tray and place the knots on top.
- Bake the knots for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Brush a quarter of the garlic butter over the knots, then top with the sage leaves. Return the knots to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the remaining garlic butter in a saucepan over low heat and melt. Serve the knots brushed with the melted garlic butter, topped with sage leaves and salt flakes.
You can add any cheese you like to these knots, or add 2 tablespoons of chopped, pitted green olives to the dough before rolling and knotting.
Find our No-knead Pizza Dough here.