On the hunt for your next mid-week meal? This Sichuan & Ginger Numbing Beef Noodle Soup Recipe is the perfect comfort food to see you through the week.
Sichuan & Ginger Numbing Beef Noodle Soup Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1L beef stock
- 3cm piece ginger, sliced
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 garlic bulb
- 4 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 star anise
- 1 dried whole chilli
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns, ground
- 2 additional garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g fresh wheat noodles (udon)
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- Micro purple basil, to serve
How to make our Sichuan & Ginger Numbing Beef Noodle Soup
1. To make the broth, place the beef stock into a large saucepan. Add 2 cups of water, the sliced ginger, onion, garlic bulb, spring onions, star anise and dried chilli. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Strain, discard the solids and keep warm.
2. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks from the packaging and set aside for 10 minutes to bloom before cooking.
3. Meanwhile, combine the light soy sauce, cumin, coriander, ground Sichuan pepper and extra garlic in a small bowl and toss to combine.
4. Cook the udon noodles in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Add the bok choy and cook for a further 30 seconds, or until the bok choy is just tender. Drain and keep warm.
5. Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Set aside, loosely covered, to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Divide broth, noodles and bok choy between serving bowls. Thinly slice the beef and place on top of the noodles with the shredded ginger and micro purple basil. Spoon over the Sichuan pepper sauce to serve.