Sesame & Nori Crumbed Lamb with Spring Onion & Ginger Sauce
1 pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Rumps
4 sheets nori, chopped
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp white miso
1⁄4 cup plain flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Vegetable oil, to fry
2 cups cooked sushi rice, to serve
4 radishes, thinly sliced, to serve
1⁄4 cup thinly sliced daikon rounds, to serve
2 spring onions, shredded, to serveTogarashi, to serve
Spring Onion & Ginger Sauce
4 spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
- Place the nori sheets and half the toasted sesame seeds into a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place in a large bowl with the panko breadcrumbs and remaining sesame seeds, mix to combine.
- Cut each lamb rump into 4 pieces, and place each piece between 2 sheets of baking paper. Then, using a meat mallet or rolling pin, gently pound each piece until the lamb is about 1cm thick. Place the white miso in a small bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the lamb with the miso mixture.
- Dust the lamb in the plain flour and shake off any excess. Place the egg in a bowl. Carefully dip the lamb into the egg, then into the crumb mixture.
- Pour 1cm of oil into a large, non-stick frying pan. Place over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, cook the lamb for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- To make the spring onion & ginger sauce, place the chopped spring onions, sesame oil, vegetable oil, grated ginger, caster sugar, rice wine vinegar and mirin in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Divide the sushi rice between plates. Top with lamb, radish slices, daikon rounds, shredded spring onion and togarashi. Serve with spring onion & ginger sauce.