- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 6 abalone, cleaned
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 6 sugar snap peas, blanched and halved lengthways
- 50g samphire
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
Seared Abalone Carpaccio Method
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the abalone and cook for 20 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan, then thinly slice with a sharp knife.
- In batches, blanch the abalone slices in boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove and refresh in iced water.
- Divide abalone slices between 6 plates and top with radish, sugar snap peas, samphire and pomegranate arils.
- For the dressing, combine the lime and grapefruit juices, soy sauce, vinegar and oil together in a bowl. Drizzle over the abalone and serve.
If you can’t find samphire, use a small bunch of blanched baby asparagus.