This simple and flavoursome Scallop & Mushroom Risotto with Ginger & Garlic Recipe is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
Scallop & Mushroom Risotto with Ginger & Garlic Recipe
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 11⁄2 cups Arborio rice
- 1L hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, extra, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 12 scallops, roe removed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 400g mixed Asian mushrooms
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
How to make our Scallop & Mushroom Risotto with Ginger & Garlic Recipe
1. Melt half the butter in a large, deep- sided frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and the crushed garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute, or until evaporated. Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat in the butter.
2. Add 2 cups of water to the stock and mix to combine. Cook the rice mixture, stirring frequently, for 18 minutes while adding the hot stock 1 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb completely between each addition.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a second large, non-stick frying pan. Add the extra garlic and the ginger and cook for 30 seconds, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Season the scallops well with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to high and cook the scallops for 1 minute on each side, or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the sesame oil and mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, tossing, until golden. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining butter, the fish sauce and the mirin. Swirl the pan to melt the butter.
5. Divide the risotto between bowls. Top with the mushrooms, scallops, crispy garlic and ginger, and cracked black pepper to serve.
We used a mixture of oyster mushrooms and shimeji