Chicken pieces and onions slow cooked in a perfect blend of mild Malaysian curry with coconut milk and peanuts.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours on HIGH, 4 Hours on LOW
• 1 kg (skinless) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
• 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
• 800g sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
• 1 x 40g McCormick Slow Cookers Satay Chicken Curry
• 1 x 270 g can coconut milk
• 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
• Fresh coriander
1. Brown the chicken and onions in a HOT frypan then add into the slow cooker insert pot with sweet potato.
2. Mix McCormick Slow Cookers recipe base with coconut milk and peanut butter and pour over chicken and vegetables, stir through.
3. Cover and cook for 2 hours on HIGH or 4 hours on LOW (Keep covered during cooking. Cooking times may vary between slow cooker models).
4. Serve curry with steamed rice and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
Scoop any remaining curry into an ovenproof casserole dish, top with puff pastry for a quick and easy pie!