Salmon and Brussels Sprout Salad. Dose up on your weekly omega-3s with this protein-rich salad of seared salmon, kipfler potatoes, and brussels sprout – flavoured with an aromatic blend of za’tar, sumac and Dijon.
Salmon & Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
- 1kg kipfler or jersey benne potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 x 200g salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 tsp sumac, extra to serve
- 1 tsp za’tar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g brussel sprouts, leaves separated
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mint leaves
How to make our Salmon & Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, carefully add the eggs and cook for a further 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove eggs and drain the potatoes. Peel the eggs and cut potatoes in half and set aside both.
2. Sprinkle the salmon fillets with sumac, za’tar and salt. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the salmon and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until just cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan with the brussels sprouts and cook stirring for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, place the vinegar, sugar and mustard in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add potatoes, brussels sprouts, flaked salmon and mint leaves.
5. Divide the salad between 4 serving plates and break the eggs over the salad to serve.