- Medium cauliflower trimmed x 1
- Wholegrain mustard
- Aged cheddar x 100g
- Parmesan x 50g
- Emmental x 100g
- Good quality salted butter x 100g
- Salt & pepper
- Iggy’s sourdough
Cauliflower Cheese Toastie Method
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c. Melt half the butter in a small pan, adding a big tablespoon of mustard and a lot of black pepper & salt (think cacio e pepe amount of pepper). Whilst that’s melting, roughly chop your cauliflower into a bowl. Add the melted butter and give it a good mix. Place on a lined baking tray and roast until golden.
- In a new bowl grate your parmesan, aged cheddar and the Emmental. We like to dice into small cubes. Add another good tablespoon of wholegrain mustard and good sprinkle of black pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, let it cool before adding to the cheese mix. Slice your Iggy’s sourdough, butter all sides then add a generous amount of the cauliflower cheese mix onto the bread.
- Get a pan on low heat, add the toastie and a knob of butter. Constantly turning it until the inside is melted and outside is golden, it should take roughly 5 -10 min on a low heat. Once its ready, let it sit for a minute before slicing it open. Serve with some grated parmesan on top and a side of mustard.
For more details on Rocker visit: www.rockerbondi.com.au