Ricotta & Banana Fritters. Treat the whole family to a tasty breakfast or brunch, with this recipe for ricotta and banana fritters, topped with crispy bacon and best served warm with plenty of maple syrup.
Ricotta & Banana Fritters
Serves 4 (makes about 12 fritters)
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (2/3 cup)
300g fresh ricotta
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup buttermilk
40g butter, melted and cooled
20g butter, extra
8 rashers bacon, rind removed
1 cup maple syrup
- Combine banana and ricotta in a bowl until smooth. Add flour and stir until combined. Whisk buttermilk, eggs and butter in a jug. Add to banana mixture and stir until well combined.Place extra butter into a small square of calico or paper towel.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Rub fabric or paper towel over hot pan to grease. Pour 1/3 cup of fritter mixture into pan, spreading to 10cm rounds, 2 fritters at a time. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top of fritters and base is golden. Turn and cook for 1 minute or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Cook remaining batter. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add half the bacon rashers and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden or cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towel.
- Cook remaining bacon. Stack 3 fritters onto each serving plate.
- Top with bacon and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.