Start the day with a wholesome and tasty Quinoa Cinnamon Porridge Recipe topped with syrupy caramelised banana and toasted hazelnuts.
Quinoa Cinnamon Porridge Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup milk, plus extra
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 20g butter
- 2 bananas, thickly sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
How to make our Quinoa Cinnamon Porridge Recipe
1. Combine quinoa and water in a large saucepan. Place over high heat; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water absorbed.
2. Add milk and sugar, stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan over high heat until foaming. Add banana and cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until banana caramelises.
5. Spoon porridge among serving bowls. Top with banana and drizzle with maple syrup. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and cinnamon and serve with extra milk.
For a dairy-free quinoa porridge, replace regular milk with almond milk, soy milk, or light coconut milk.