Whether you make the Pomegranate Lassi or the Makhania Lassi Recipe you’re in for a taste sensation with these delicious lassi recipes.
Pomegranate Lassi & Makhania Lassi Recipe
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup thick yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp kewra essence or rosewater
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios, plus extra to garnish
1. Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind the pomegranate seeds, and then pour through a sieve to separate the liquid from the crushed seeds. Place the juice in a blender and add the yoghurt, cardamom powder, honey, kewra essence and pistachios. Blend until a froth has formed on the top of the lassi, then pour into 2 individual glasses.
2. Garnish with crushed pistachios and a few pomegranate seeds. Best served chilled.
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- 5-6 threads of saffron
- 4 cups fresh plain yoghurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup mixed nuts (we used cashews and almonds) and raisins, chopped, to garnish
1. Place the hot milk into a small bowl and add the saffron. Mix to combine, then set aside to infuse for 15-20 minutes.
2. Place the yoghurt, sugar and cardamom into another bowl and mix to combine. Add the saffron milk and blend together with a stick blender or whisk until smooth.
3. Using a stick blender, whip the cream until thick and then set aside for garnish. Pour the lassi mix into 5 glasses. Top each with a dollop of the whipped cream and a sprinkling of the nuts and raisin mix.