This fresh and crunchy Poached Chicken Caesar Salad is the perfect picnic sharing plate. With flavoursome pancetta, chicken and crunchy croutons it’s sure to be a hit.
See related: 13 Healthy Dinner Recipes For The Week
Poached Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine (chardonnay)
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, rind
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 4 organic free-range chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices Italian sourdough bread (crusts removed), diced
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 thin slices mild pancetta
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and white pepper, to season
- 4 eggs (extra)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 baby cos, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 40g parmesan, shaved
- Put stock, wine, onion, 4 strips lemon rind, bay leaves and peppercorns in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add chicken and simmer for
- 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large plate. Allow to cool. Diagonally slice chicken. Discard stock.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put bread on half of tray. Spray with oil. Put pancetta on other half of tray. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until croutons are golden and pancetta is crisp. Allow to cool.
- To make dressing, put egg yolk, garlic, champagne vinegar, mustard and anchovy in the bowl of a small food processor. Process until well combined and a thick paste forms. With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Cover and set aside until required.
- To poach eggs, break 1 egg into a teacup. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add white vinegar. Stir water, forming a whirlpool. Reduce heat to low. Gently pour egg into water. Cook for 1–2 minutes or until white is set and yolk is soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Poach remaining eggs.
- To serve, put cos leaves in a large bowl. Add chicken, croutons, pancetta and parmesan. Toss until well combined. Divide into 4 serving bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Top each with a poached egg and serve immediately.
Check out this awesome Poached Turkey Salad with Sesame Dressing Recipe.