Handkerchief Pasta with Pan-Fried Cauliflower and Crispy Proscuitto. Nothing beats fresh, homemade pasta. Try your hand at making some with this delicious, seasonal recipe.
Handkerchief Pasta with Pan-Fried Cauliflower & Crispy Proscuitto
400g 00 flour
200g cauliflower, thinly sliced
¼ cup olive oil
8 slices prosciutto
250g cherry tomatoes
50g blanched almonds, roasted
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
⅓ cup white wine
2 tbsp single cream
- Place flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add eggs and lightly mix to bring the flour into the centre until the dough comes together. Knead on a floured surface for 6-8 minutes, or until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap; rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Place cauliflower on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper and roast for 10 minutes. Add prosciutto and tomatoes to the tray and roast for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- To make pasta, divide dough into 2 pieces; feed through a pasta machine one at a time, starting at the widest setting. Flour and fold pasta as you go. Reduce settings until pasta is 2mm thin. Cut pasta sheets into 12cm long pieces.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until al-dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Place almonds, garlic, parsley and chilli flakes in the bowl of a small food processor, with the motor running pour in the remaining oil and process until finely chopped.
- Place paste in a large pan over medium heat and cook 1-2 minutes. Add wine and cook for 1 minute or until slightly reduced. Add cream, pasta water, pasta and cauliflower. Season. Toss to combine.
- Remove from the heat and serve with prosciutto and tomatoes.