Orange Tabouli with Haloumi Recipe
- 1 orange
- 50ml orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g couscous
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 spring onions
- 4 bunches of parsley
- 2 bunches of mint
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g haloumi
How to make this Orange Tabouli with Haloumi Recipe:
1. Peel the orange, removing all the white inner skin. Cut out the individual segments with a sharpe knife, place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Place the orange juice in a saucepan with 150ml of water, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the honey, the cumin and the salt. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil.
3. Peel and halve the garlic and add to the pan. Add the couscous, bring back to the boil and cook for 15 seconds. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside to steam for 10 minutes.
4. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and coop out all the seeds. Peel the red onion. Cut the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion into small cubes, and cut the spring onion into fine rings. Pluck the parsley and mint leaves from the stems. Chop the leaves finely, discard the stems. Quarter the orange pieces. Place the vegetables, herbs and orange pieces into a large bowl.
5. Use a fork to fluff the couscous, and remove the garlic. Transfer to a bowl, allow to cool.
6. To make the dressing, place the remaining lemon juice and the remaining honey, 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of water into a bowl and mix well to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
7. Pour the dressing over the vegetables, herbs and orange pieces and carefully fold in the couscous. Season to taste with salt and pepper and heap onto a large plate.
8. Cut the haloumi into thin strips. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the haloumi on both sides until golden brown. Arrange on the couscous and serve.