One Pan Tarragon Chicken with Herb Butter. This easy one pan chicken dish is sure to become a mid week go-to.
One Pan Tarragon Chicken with Herb Butter
500g new potatoes, halved
500g carrots, cut into same size as potatoes (or use 2 bunches baby carrots)
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, squashed
3 tbsp olive oil
4 small chicken maryland pieces
2 tbsp sherry or apera (optional)
Baby spinach leaves, to serve
1 tbsp chopped tarragon
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic, chopped
100g butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, lemon and olives into a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to coat. Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until lightly golden, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to make the herb butter, place chopped tarragon, parsley, garlic and softened butter into a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Take the chicken maryland pieces and gently separate the skin from the meat, being careful not to tear it. Place the herb butter under the skin, and season skin with salt and pepper.
- If using, add sherry to roasting pan. Place chicken on top of the vegetables and bake for a further 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are golden and crisp.
- To serve, divide chicken pieces onto plates with a helping of roasted vegetables. Top with baby spinach leaves.
We used a cast-iron roasting pan, as it gives a wonderful colour to your meal. If you don’t have one, use a deep pan, but line the base with foil to prevent the veggies from sticking.