1 pack Silver Fern Farms PURE 97% Beef Burgers with Short Rib
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp plain flour
1 ¼ cup whole milk
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
⅓ cup Red Leicester cheese, grated
2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped, with ⅓ jalapeños pickling liquid
½ small white onion, diced
6 brioche buns, toasted
1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
Juice of 1 lime
- Remove PURE 97% Beef Burgers with Short Rib from freezer and packaging.
- To make queso sauce, melt butter over medium heat, add flour and stir until combined. Add milk, continue stirring until thickened. Add cheese, stir in jalapeños, pickling liquid, and white onion until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make a slaw, combine carrot and cabbage in a bowl.
- Preheat barbecue or pan to high heat. Reduce barbecue or pan to low-medium heat. Add burgers and cook for 8 minutes (5minutes if defrosted). Flip and pierce burger to allow juices to run free. Cook for a further 4-6 minutes (3-5 minutes if defrosted), until the burgers are fully cooked.
- To serve, top toasted brioche buns with avocado and a squeeze of lime juice. Add slaw and Beef Burgers with Short Rib, top with queso sauce and add bun top.