Feeling uninspired with your usual go-to recipes? This Merguez Marinated Skewers recipe uses Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions. Served with Lentil & Charred Radicchio Salad, this dish is sure to be a welcomed taste sensation with tender pieces of marinated lamb and fresh and crunchy charred radicchio.
Merguez Marinated Lamb Skewers with Lentil & Charred Radicchio Salad Recipe
1 pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 radicchio, cut into wedges
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
15 oz can of lentils, rinsed and drained
1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
1⁄4 cup tarragon leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
How to make this Merguez Marinated Lamb Skewers with Lentil & Charred Radicchio Salad Recipe
1. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions from the packaging and set aside for 10 minutes to bloom before cooking.
2. Place the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and caraway seeds in a small frying pan over high heat. Toast for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3. Remove from the heat and then crush with a mortar and pestle, until fine. Add the smoked paprika and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the spice mix and set aside for later. Place the remaining spice mix in a large bowl, then add the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions and gently toss to coat.
4. Allow the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions to marinate for 10 minutes, then thread onto metal skewers.
5. Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush the radicchio wedges with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and chargrill the cut sides for 3 minutes. Place in a large bowl and set aside for later.
6. Brush the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions skewers with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Working in two batches, cook the lamb for 4 minutes each side, or until charred and just cooked through. Loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Add the lentils, hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds and tarragon to the bowl with the radicchio. Add the lemon juice, red wine vinegar and remaining olive oil and gently toss to coat.
8. Divide salad between plates. Top with the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions skewers and sprinkle with the remaining spice mix to serve.