Roasted Leek & Farro Salad with Pecans & Cranberries. Stuck in a cooking rut? Try this hearty summer salad.
Roasted Leek & Farro Salad with Pecans & Cranberries Recipe: Ingredients
- 21⁄2 cups (500g) farro
- 4 leeks
- 3 garlic cloves, skin left on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60g baby rocket or spinach
- 1⁄2 cup (50g) pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, or dried sour cherries
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 1 large carrot, shaved (we used a purple carrot, but you can use a standard carrot if you prefer)
Curry Dressing Recipe
- 11⁄2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 11⁄2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
How to make our Roasted Leek & Farro Salad with Pecans & Cranberries Recipe
1. To cook the farro, place into a large pot of boiling water over medium-high heat. Boil for 20 minutes or until tender, then drain and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C, grease and line a baking tray. Cut the leeks on the diagonal into 2cm-wide pieces, then place leeks and garlic on the prepared tray. Drizzle over the oil, season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, or until the leeks are caramelised and golden.
3. In a bowl, toss the rocket, chopped pecans, cranberries and apple slices with the cooked farro. Arrange farro mix on a plate with the roasted leeks and carrot. To make the curry dressing, mash the roasted garlic, whisk together with the maple syrup, ginger, lemon juice, red curry paste, vinegar and olive oil.
4. Season with sea salt and pepper. When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad, toss to combine.