1 Pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Steaks
2 Tbsp olive oil
5.3oz red cabbage, sliced thinly
1 green onion, trimmed and sliced
½ bell peppers, seeds removed, thinly sliced
3 limes, 2 juiced and 1 to serve
1/2 tsp hot sauce/tabasco
Pinch of chipotle powder
2 Tbsp cilantro
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
How to make Lamb Steak Tacos with Slaw
- Bloom the meat – Remove the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Steaks from packaging and set aside to bloom for before cooking. Rub the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Steaks with olive oil, salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Slice up extra flavour – Combine the red cabbage, green onions and bell pepper. Dress with remaining olive oil and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt.
- Make Whipped Avocado – Blend avocado, hot sauce, chipotle powder, coriander, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and juice of one lime until smooth.
- Cook the meat – Heat a skillet or BBQ plate until moderate – hot. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Lamb Steaks for4 minutes each side for medium rare.
- Give it a rest – Remove Silver Fern Farms Lamb Steaks from BBQ and cover with aluminium foil. Leave to rest for 8 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile heat the tortillas on the grill or in the oven.
- Serve it up – Fill warmed tortillas with slaw, slices of steak topped with whipped avocado and garnished with coriander and green chili and served with lime wedges.