- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp reserved pan juices – find the master recipe for Sticky Slow-Cooked Boneless Leg of Lamb with Mojo Verde here.
- 1 cup finely grated manchego, plus extra to serve
- 2 cup shredded slow-cooked lamb (320g) – find the master recipe for Sticky Slow-Cooked Boneless Leg of Lamb with Mojo Verde here.
- 1 cup curly parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup plain flour, extra
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup mojo verde – find the master recipe for Sticky Slow-Cooked Boneless Leg of Lamb with Mojo Verde here.
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling and combined. Gradually add the milk and pan juices and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thick. Add the manchego, lamb and parsley and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, place in a small tray and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Once chilled and firm, roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and freeze for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Place the extra flour, the egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Working in batches, dip into the flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs, tossing gently to coat.
- Fill a medium saucepan two thirds full with oil and place over medium heat. Heat to 180°C on a deep frying thermometer. In batches, cook the croquettes for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining croquettes and keep warm.
- Serve croquettes with mojo verde, extra manchego and lemon wedges.