For a quick and easy dish everyone can enjoy try this flavoursome vegan Grilled Zucchini Pasta with Orange & Pine Nut Crumb Recipe.
Grilled Zucchini Pasta with Orange & Pine Nut Crumb Recipe
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp baby capers, drained
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 400g linguini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- Micro mint leaves, to serve
How to make our Grilled Zucchini Pasta with Orange & Pine Nut Crumb Recipe
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, capers and chilli flakes and cook for 4 minutes, or until softened. Add the vinegar and sugar, season with salt and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush the zucchini slices with oil and chargrill for 2 minutes on each side, or until charred and tender. Add the zucchini slices to the onion mixture, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a large, clean, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and breadcrumbs and season well with salt and pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes, or until golden. Add the orange zest and stir well to combine. Remove from the heat, set aside.
4. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1⁄2 cup of the cooking water. Add the zucchini mixture, chopped mint and the cooking water to the pasta and toss gently to combine. Divide between bowls, sprinkle over the pine nut crumb and top with the micro mint leaves to serve.
You can marinate the zucchini a few days in advance, then keep refrigerated in an airtight container. To serve, toss through hot pasta over a medium heat for 1 minute, or until the zucchini