You can’t have a BBQ without a big bowl of potato salad! This year we’ve trying out this delicious in-season Grilled Potato & Spring Onion Salad with Burrata Dressing Recipe.
Grilled Potato & Spring Onion Salad with Burrata Dressing Recipe
- 1kg baby chat potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed
- 2 artichokes, outer leaves removed, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 200g burrata, torn
- 1⁄2 cup picked mint leaves, to serve
How to make this Grilled Potato & Spring Onion Salad with Burrata Dressing Recipe:
1. Place the potatoes and garlic cloves in a medium saucepan of cold salted water, then place over medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and refresh. Cut the potatoes in half. Place the garlic in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Set the garlic aside.
2. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue over high heat. Drizzle the potatoes with extra oil and season well with salt and pepper. Chargrill for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred.
3. Place the potatoes on a large platter and set aside. Drizzle the spring onions with extra oil and place on the chargrill pan and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly charred. Transfer to the platter with the potatoes.
4. Remove the core from each artichoke, discard. Thinly slice the artichokes on a mandolin, then place in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar. Toss to combine and set aside.
5. Finely chop the red chilli and place in a jar with the oil, burrata, mashed garlic and the remaining vinegar. Secure the lid and shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Add the artichokes to the salad platter and serve drizzled with the burrata dressing. Top with the mint to serve.