400g fresh peas in the pod
1 tbsp smoked salt flakes
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
For the tofu aioli:
150g silken tofu
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, crushed
- To make the aioli, place the tofu, vinegar and garlic in a small food processor and process until smooth. Season and set aside.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. In batches cook the peas for 4 minutes, turning, or until charred. Repeat with remaining peas.
- Mix the salt and sesame seeds together in a large bowl. Add peas and toss. Serve peas with aioli.
- Peas are a popular member of the legume family. High in vitamin C and zinc, peas also contain antioxidants that support immune health. They are classified in the high-starch vegetable category, along with potatoes, pumpkin and corn.
- It is best to buy peas in their shell. Once shelled, fresh peas can be enjoyed fresh or cooked.