Go Greek with your next vegetarian burger and try our delicious Greek Cauliflower Burger with Tzatziki Aioli Recipe.
Greek Cauliflower Burger with Tzatziki Aioli Recipe
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 400g cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped oregano
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cooked white quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 450g saganaki cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to brush
- 4 seeded burger buns, halved
- 1 cup baby kale leaves
- 1 oxheart tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup store-bought tzatziki
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
How to make our Greek Cauliflower Burger with Tzatziki Aioli Recipe
1. To make the tzatziki aioli, place the tzatziki, garlic and mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well to combine. Keep in the fridge until needed.
2. Place the honey and vinegar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Add the onion rounds, season with salt and toss to coat. Set aside for later.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the olives, lemon rind, oregano and parsley and pulse again to combine. Place in a large bowl. Add the quinoa, eggs and breadcrumbs. Grate 1⁄4 cup of the saganaki cheese, add to the cauliflower mixture. Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties. Place the patties on a lined baking tray. Brush with olive oil, then place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until golden.
5. Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cut the remaining saganaki cheese into 4 slices. Add the saganaki slices to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
6. To assemble the burgers, spread the tzatziki aioli over the base of each bun. Top with kale, a slice of saganaki, a cauliflower patty, tomato slices and pickled onion. Sprinkle with a little black pepper and top with the remaining bun halves.