Makes 24 fingers
1½ cups plain flour
½ cup self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp ground ginger
3 tsp mixed spice
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup golden syrup
1 cup milk
½ cup light olive oil
125g glacé ginger, finely chopped
icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm lamington pan with baking paper. Sift flours, bicarb soda, ginger and mixed spice in a large bowl. Add sugar and stir until well combined.
- Whisk golden syrup, milk, oil and eggs in a large jug. Add to flour mixture and stir. Add glacé ginger and stir until combined. Pour into prepared lamington pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested with a skewer.
- Stand for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar, cut into fingers and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.