Take your next bake to the next level and try this delicious Ginger & Kiwifruit Bread Recipe, with delicious pieces of crystallised ginger and kiwifruit each bite is sure to be a taste sensation.
Ginger & Kiwifruit Bread Recipe
- 4-6 kiwifruit, peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 cups plain flour, plus extra to dust
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice or nutmeg
- 7 small lumps crystallised ginger, chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, brought to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup (185g) blackstrap molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon, finely grated zest
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
How to make our Ginger & Kiwifruit Bread Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Grease a 20cm square cake tin. Line base with buttered baking paper and dust with flour.
3. Prepare the kiwifruit.
4. Sift flour, baking soda and ground spices into a large bowl. Stir in crystallised ginger, then set aside. Place butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat well until light and fluffy. Add molasses and beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Finally, add the lemon zest and buttermilk and fold in the kiwifruit pieces. Spoon mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 1 hour in oven. Allow to cool in tin before serving.