Celebrate delicious Spanish flavours with this Gambas Al Ajillo Con Alioli on your next Spanish platter, they’re sure to be a hit.
Gambas Al Ajillo Con Alioli Recipe: Ingredients
- 600g raw prawns
- 4 tbsp Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 pieces dried red chilli or flakes
- 8 small bay leaves
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 6 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste with a little salt
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
How to make Gambas Al Ajillo Con Alioli
1. Put some dishes to heat in a medium oven. Put mayonnaise into a bowl. Add crushed garlic, juice of lemon wedge and parsley. Mix well. Sprinkle prawns with salt.
2. Heat a frying pan until very hot and add half the oil and half the prawns. Fry until crusty and turning orange on one side. Turn and add half the garlic, chillies and bay leaves. Stir until just browning (about 3 1⁄2 minutes).
3. Transfer to hot dishes and repeat with rest of prawns. Squeeze over some lemon juice. Serve while really hot, along with alioli and bread.