For the ultimate in chocolate indulgence try these unmissable Double Chocolate & Pecan Cookies Recipe. The crunch of the pecans takes these cookies to the next level.
Double Chocolate & Pecan Cookies Recipe
Makes about 16
- 400g dark chocolate
- 100g soft butter
- 220g raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120g spelt flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g milk chocolate
- 100g pecans
How to make our Double Chocolate & Pecan Cookies Recipe:
1. Coarsely chop 300g of the dark chocolate and place in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until melted. Add the butter by the spoonful and allow to melt and combine with the dark chocolate. Remove from the heat, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, place the cane sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a beater attachment, and beat for about 5 minutes, or until pale and creamy.
3. Place the spelt flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
4. Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then add the flour and stir until a dough is just formed. Cover with a clean tea towel, place in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and then line 3 large baking trays with baking paper. Chop the milk chocolate, pecans and remaining 100g of dark chocolate into large chunks.
6. Take tablespoonful-sized portions of the dough and shape into balls, and then place about 6 on each baking tray – leaving enough space for the cookies to expand while baking.
7. Place one tray at a time on the oven’s middle rack and allow to bake for 4 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven, top each cookie with chopped chocolate and nuts, then place back in the oven and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for approximately 5 minutes before transferring (on the baking paper) to a wire rack to cool completely.