- 90g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Double Choc Chip Pan Cookie with Spiced Ginger Icing Method
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for 2 minutes or until light and creamy. Add egg; beat to combine. Fold through flour, baking soda and milk and dark chocolate. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 25cm ovenproof frying pan or skillet pan. Smooth the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Combine icing sugar, ginger and 1 teaspoon of water in a bowl, mix until smooth. Spoon over the cookie. Cut into pieces to serve.
You can substitute the ginger for ground cinnamon. If you want to bulk the cookie up you can add chopped nuts or even white chocolate.