- 125 g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp dark cocoa
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 100g chocolate, melted to decorate (optional)
Chocolate Oat Crisps Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan.
- Place the flour, cocoa, rolled oats, coconut, caster sugar and brown sugar into a large bowl. Dissolve the baking soda in 3 tablespoons of boiling water. Add to the bowl with the butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place on the prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- When cool, if desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Once chocolate has set, transfer to an airtight container.