Modern comfort food takes centre stage with this unmissable Chicken Drumsticks with Creamed Corn Bake Recipe.
Chicken Drumsticks with Creamed Corn Bake Recipe
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp chopped lemon thyme
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 corn cobs, kernels removed 1 cup sour cream
- 150g grated havarti cheese
- 3 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 long green chilli, to serve
- Flatbreads, to serve
How to make our Chicken Drumsticks with Creamed Corn Bake Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Place the coriander, paprika, turmeric and chopped lemon thyme in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken drumsticks and toss well to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium, oven-proof, heavy-based pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring. Add the corn kernels and cook for 1 minute. Add the sour cream, havarti cheese and 1⁄2 cup water and mix to combine. Remove from the heat.
3. Place the chicken on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Place the chicken in the oven, along with the pan of corn. Allow to cook for 25 minutes, then turn the chicken. Brush the sprigs of lemon thyme with the extra oil and add to the tray with the chicken. Allow the chicken and the corn bake to cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, top the corn bake with sliced green chilli and serve with flatbreads.
You can marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours in advance. Try adding chopped pickled jalapeños to the corn bake for extra heat.