This vegetarian delight is filled to the brim with delicious, seasonal goodness and provides a healthy alternative to your mid-week pizza cravings.
Cauliflower Pizza with Zucchini Flowers, Asparagus & Caramelised Onion Recipe: Ingredients
- 650g cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup tomato passata
- ¼ cup store-bought caramelised onion
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 4 zucchini flowers, stamen removed
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- olive oil, for drizzling
How to make our Cauliflower Pizza with Zucchini Flowers, Asparagus & Caramelised Onion Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 230°C. Steam cauliflower over a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Drain through a fine sieve, pressing down well with a wooden spoon to remove excess liquid. Combine cauliflower pulp, egg and parmesan in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Press cauliflower mixture firmly into a rough oval shape on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
3. Spread passata on the base and top with onion, asparagus, zucchini flowers, spinach leaves and mozzarella.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with rocket leaves and drizzle with oil to serve.
Smart Tip Instead of buffalo mozzarella, you could finish the pizza with feta cheese, labneh yoghurt cheese or soft goat’s cheese. You can also add prosciutto or spicy salami for a meat option.