This quick and easy Caramelised Onion, Leek & Persian Feta Frittata recipe combines nutrient-packed onion and leek with silky textured Persian feta making it the perfect weekend brunch.
Caramelised Onion, Leek & Persian Feta Frittata Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, white part thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper, to season
- 180g persian feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a heavy-based 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20–25 minutes or until soft and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, put egg in a bowl. Whisk and season with salt and pepper. Stir through feta. Add to onion mixture and stir until well combined. Cook over low heat for 5–7 minutes or until egg on base of frittata is set.
- Preheat grill on high. Put frying pan under grill and cook frittata for 2 minutes or until top is golden.
- To serve, cut frittata into wedges and top with rocket leaves.