Serving Spanish tapas tonight? These Buñuelos De Patatas Con Chorizo are sure to be a hit!
Buñuelos De Patatas Con Chorizo Recipe: Ingredients
Serves 6-8 (makes about 24)
- 600g red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into chunky chip shapes
- 125g chorizo, picante or dolce
- 1 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- Salt crystals to serve
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
How to make this Buñuelos De Patatas Con Chorizo Recipe
1. Put potatoes in boiling salted water and cook for 20-25 minutes until soft. Drain well, put back in pan and cover with a cloth to dry out for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, skin chorizo and chop into small pieces. Heat oil either in a pan or a deep-fat fryer to 180 ̊C. Set oven to 180 ̊C.
3. Mash potatoes well, along with flour sifted over, and a little salt. Beat in egg yolks and stir in chorizo.
4. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into mixture a quarter at a time. Use teaspoon to make 5-6 scoops of mixture at a time (each fritter is 1 teaspoon) so as not to overcrowd the pan.
5. Fry for about 3 minutes until crisp and golden (if using a wok or pan, you may need to adjust heat to prevent oil getting too hot).
6. Drain on kitchen paper, then put on a baking sheet and keep hot in a medium- hot oven while rest are frying. Serve hot with cocktail sticks, a bowl of sea-salt crystals, padrón peppers and glasses of chilled Sangria.
Make you next meal a Spanish feast and try this Gambas Al Ajillo Con Alioli Recipe.