1 pack Silver Fern Farms Premium Ground Beef
1/2 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
1/2 cup beef stock
1 tsp olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Mint leaves, coriander leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
How to make Beef Kibe
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Premium Ground Beef from packaging to bloom.
- Place bulgur in a heatproof bowl. Bring stock to boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Pour over bulgur. Set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan over moderate heat. Add half the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add garlic, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 100g Silver Fern Farms Premium Ground Beef and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add mint and parsley to the beef mixture; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain bulgur through a fine sieve, pressing with the back of a spoon to remove excess liquid. Place in a large bowl with remaining Silver Fern Farms Premium Ground Beef and remaining onion. Use your hands to combine. Season well.
- Using wet hands, roll 2 tablespoons of bulgur mixture into a ball. Use your thumb to make a well in the center. Place 2 teaspoons of the cooked spiced beef into the well.
- Shape bulgur mixture over filling to enclose. Shape into an elongated oval.
- Repeat with remaining bulgur mixture and spiced beef mixture.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a medium frying pan to 350°F. Add four kibe and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with any remaining mixture.
- To make the tahini sauce, combine yogurt, tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl. Taste and season.
- Place tahini sauce in a serving bowl. Top with kibe, sprinkle with mint and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.